To assume a pioneering role in supporting the country’s decision-makers.
To provide support and consultation to the decision-makers and to develop a distinguished and high-quality level of competence to enhance the central role of the Ministry in developing national policies and community services.
The Ministry of Presidential Affairs (MOPA) was established on November 1, 2004, by Federal Law No. 4 of 2004, which created and organized it. Article 2 sets out the Ministry’s duties, as follows:
- Study pertinent issues in all fields, provide appropriate advice to HH the President on these matters and follow up on their implementation.
- Prepare studies and research that reflect the country's objectives and expectations, and that address the needs of society and the country.
- Create and implement Social Assistance programs.
- Study and provide advice concerning draft laws, decrees, systems and agreements.
- Prepare and provide advice based on analysis and informative reports.
- Follow up on the performance of ministries, authorities and public enterprises; determine and evaluate the implementation status of government policies and programmes, and submit these results to HH the President.
- Monitor political developments, prepare analytical reports and issue regular publications and press releases.
- To create databases and prepare statistics supporting the process of strategic decision-making in the country.
- Study, research, follow-up on and provide advice concerning naturalization affairs.
- Receive and organize the submission of correspondence and reports addressed to HH the President, and inform the relevant authorities on the issued directives.
- Organize communications between federal ministries, authorities, public authorities and HH the President.
- Co-ordinate with the various federal and local departments and authorities in order to guarantee continuous and effective communication.
- Provide support and advice to HH the Minister concerning the Council and the boards and units that report directly to him.
- Address any other issues assigned by HH the President to the Ministry.